No users online.
Page
of 2

Riddle Game

14 replies
Votes:
I could'nt find the solution to this, so I searched it up and you left out some critical information, so I'll just copy/paste this in because I'm lazy: The jailor puts three of the men sitting in a line. The fourth man is put behind a screen (or in a separate room). He gives all four men party hats. The jailor explains that there are two black hats, and two white hats; that each prisoner is wearing one of the hats; and that each of the prisoners only see the hats in front of him but not on himself or behind him. The fourth man behind the screen can't see or be seen by any other prisoner. No communication among the prisoners is allowed.

If any prisoner can figure out and say to the jailor what color hat he has on his head with 100% certainty (without guessing) all four prisoners go free. If any prisoner suggests an incorrect answer, all four prisoners are executed. The puzzle is to find how the prisoners can escape, regardless of how the jailer distributes the hats.
If you cant convince them, confuse them!
Posted Feb 4, 16
Votes:
+1
I don't see what I could've missed except that they're not allowed to talk to each other. O.o
Anyways, I'm still waiting for a solution :p
Posted Feb 4, 16
Votes:
The fact that one of them HAVE to give an answere, while the rest doesnt have to too secure their freedom. Atleast the way I took your way of saying it I was under the impression that there was just one dude that could get the answere right 100%
(Hint hint, maybe they need to think teamwork without words)

Also I'm not answering because I cheated and looked it up :p
Posted Feb 4, 16 · Last edited Feb 4, 16
Votes:
The jailer is one of the four?
Posted Feb 4, 16
Votes:
Noop
Posted Feb 4, 16
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices