No users online.

Heirlooms - What they are, How to use them, When to use them, and what to do with them.

3 replies
Votes:
+8
Hey, Flumpty here. I've noticed a sudden influx of newcomers who don't know what heirlooms are, and what to do with them, so that has motivated me to write this definitive guide for all those who are wishing to learn about them. Be prepared for some serious reading folks.

So what are Heirlooms?

Well, that's a simple question. Heirlooms are tools,, weapons, and armor, (among other things) that are enchanted with vanilla enchants that go over the vanilla level limit. I.E Unbreaking 7, Fortune 5, stuff like that. As the you climb the tiers, you will start to find custom enchants. (Custom enchants are their own story, so while I won't write about them here, you can do /faq for more info about them.)

What the heck are H4's?

H4 basically stands for Heirloom 4, or Heirloom Tier 4. You see, Heirlooms come in 4 Tiers, or Categories, which each increase in power and "OP-ness" if you will, as you climb the tiers. H1 being the least OP, and H4 being the most OP.

What's an Ancient Relic? Should I use it as magical dye? What's up with that?

Naturally, Heirlooms aren't easily accessible, in the sense that you *technically* can't buy them with in-game money, or through shops. Heirlooms have their own special currency, and as with the "Power" level or OP-ness, there are four different types of currency that are to be used to buy higher tier heirlooms. Ancient Relics are the first tier. They are used to purchase H1 items, and are pretty easily accessible once you have reached access to dungeons and player markets. Weapons, Tools, and Armor, as well other items are bought with Ancient Relics. Soul Shards are the next tier. These are more rare then Ancient Relics, but not by much. Again, they are pretty easily obtained through dungeons and player shops. These are used along with ancient relics to purchase H1 gear, and also used to upgrade from H1 to H2 gear. Next up are Lifegiving Gems. These are pretty rare, with there only being a small chance of you getting them from dungeons, and most player shops sell them for about 1000$-1500$ each. They're used to upgrade from H2 to H3 gear, and are also used in conjunction with ancient relics to buy voting crate keys at Murodin, the Heirloom merchant where you can buy all this sweet gear. The last tier, and rarest of them all are Demonic Essence. These are incredibly rare, and are not easily obtained, with you having an extremely small chance of getting them from dungeons, and them going for 9k - 12k dollars. They are used to upgrade from H3 to H4, (the highest tier) Heirloom gear. All tiers of Heirloom Currency can also be obtained from vote crates.

Who is Murodin?

Murodin is the Heirloom merchant, AKA the one who you need to consult when you're ready to upgrade your gear, or whenever you're in the mood for a miracle and vainly hope that his prices have been lowered. His booth is conveniently located near the auction house and the docks at spawn. If you're feeling a bit lazy however, simply do /warp hl or /warp heirloom .

Thank you very much for reading my Heirloom guide. If you have any further questions, feel free to leave a reply to this thread, or msg me in-game. (I'm on most of the time!)
Posted Nov 17, 16 · OP
List
Undo
mcrb ARCHITECT
Votes:
+123
Nice tutorial/info. Thanks for posting :)
Posted Nov 17, 16 · Last edited Nov 17, 16
Votes:
+2
or /warp murodin
Posted Nov 20, 16
Votes:
+121
Needs an update.
Posted Mar 4, 17
Agree
List
Undo