Page
of 2

Fun with Building!

16 replies
Votes:
+47
Hello fellow MineRazians! I am posting this because I want everyone to know about the Building Competitions I will be hosting, can't decide whether monthly or weekly.

A) These events may consist of multiple building plots and various rules to the competitions! This may be something like 1x1 chunk building, etc.

B) As of today (March 7, 2017) I have only made 6, 2x2 chunk building competition plots for the first competition. There is no date on when this will occur, the first competition. Updates will come soon in the replies below!

C) There are currently no judges, as I want to try out this voting station that I have decided to test for efficiency. I would also like to add that there may be entry fees and thus will be used as cash prize for winners (Trial for first time). As to how players react to votes and also the prize(s) given out, the rules will be adjusted accordingly.
Posted Mar 7, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+47
+1 for this idea
Posted Mar 7, 17
mcrb ARCHITECT
Votes:
+117
Sounds good to me
Posted Mar 7, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+103
Guess the materials are self provided?
Posted Mar 7, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+121
To make it an actual competition, I feel the materials should be given, but a preset numbers and types. Create different levels of competition as well.

PS. If the voting system you have set up doesn't work, I'll be glad to volunteer to be a judge.
Posted Mar 8, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+79
Ill contribute 20k to the winnings.
M3m3L0rde
Posted Mar 8, 17
Votes:
+61
Love the idea for a "Building Competition". Brings out the true colors in others, plus different perspective. Though you can see where this is going; I want to be a Builder :). Only matter I have is how this might be handled, or processed with competitors | Theme? Rulings? Results? | <--- Just my own being of standards.
Posted Mar 8, 17
Funny
List
Undo
Votes:
+47
Thank you to all commenting! I have now decided how this will go!

A) Submissions
The starting date for submissions into Build Competition will begin today, March 8, 2017! If you want to participate, this can be anyone from newcomers -> Pac. Status or reputation does not matter! Contact me by /mail send Alexcovsky [mesage]

I will be providing the warp only to participants.

Note For Contacting Me ~~~ /mail send Alexcovsky [message]

Inside the message I want to be given the following: Team name and the amount of players (2-5 players) within the team group.

B) Rule(s)
Now for the rules of this, let me emphasize, FIRST build competition I want to see what each participating MineRazian will bring to the table(s). This will decide all future build competitions held after this first one. With that being said I would like all who are participating to contribute with their own material (As you can tell I am in no way prepared to see who builds what nor the cost/type of the materials to provide). The theme is "Build What You Want".

This event consists of, currently, 6 building platforms that are 2x2 chunks (32x32 blocks).

You have TWO weeks to build. This will begin Sunday, March 12, 2017, 12:00 a.m. and ends on Sunday, March 26, 2017, 12:00 a.m.

C) Voting
If there are less than 20 votes distributed, voting stations, in total for the builds made I will select 3 random judges that I know are trusted (Obviously the judges are those who are not participating, thus no biased judgements).

If I find the judge is being unfair then that person's opinion is disregarded; if it comes to this last resort.

D) Prize(s)
The Prizes are as shown:

1st Place: $25,000
2nd Place: $10,000
3rd Place: $5,000
4th-6th: $1,000

E) My Speech, Enforced Rulings, and Love
I want us all to become one and act like a great community in MineRaze. The reason I am going to host this event is for the fun and enjoyment to all who want to show us their talent in having fun! You may, of course, treat this however you want.

Any rule breakers will be kicked out. This pertains to MineRaze's established in-game rules and also my rules stated above. If you need a refresher on the rules please reread them or if you haven't read them thus far, do so now (Top right corner of this website hover tab "+More" [drop-down menu]>"Rules"

e.g. Someone attempts PvP during this event, I don't know why but it happens. That person, or team is kicked out of the competition no excuses.

Please be on your best behavior and do not cause any drama. Secondly, have sportsmanship and also let this be a great and fun experience, for me and for all who have looked forward to this.

If there happen to be more participants than I foresaw I will create more space. Let me know if any information is missing or unclear!

See you all there! Much love <3

- Alex/Jana
Posted Mar 8, 17 · OP · Last edited Mar 8, 17
Alex_019
Alex_019 @ Mineraze
Votes:
+3
Are the prizes per person or split up between the number of people in the group? I'm assuming split up, but I want to clarify.
Posted Mar 8, 17
Votes:
+103
Having a plot world would save the time of making new plots and space in Towny world. Ofcource it's flat and does not add a sennory to the terrain.
Posted Mar 9, 17
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices