How to properly make a Staff Trainee Application

3 replies
Votes:
+21
I've been seeing tons of applications lately that have problems within them. Here i'm going to try and explain what I know for all the future staff members of the server.

A couple tips before you make an application, the design of it goes a long way. A simple but clear way to see your application will go a long way. The staff team isn't here too see your creative design out of the number of colors you can make on the forums.

Another tip would be that you need to take your application seriously, as if you was applying for a 24$/h job. You would try you're best at it because you feel like you would fit the position well.

Never sell yourself short of the position. Put in the time, effort & confidence into what you are doing and it'll make things go your way.
Some of this information will be false to make the application more realistic.

In-game Username: Famouskilz

Do you have Discord?: Yes, I currently do have Discord. Famouskilz#7504

Do you have skype?: Yes, I have skype. Famouskilz

Also as a quick note, I currently do have all forms of communication. Teamspeak, Discord, Skype, Curse

Timezone and Country: EST & US

When did you first join MineRaze?: I first joined Mineraze back in 2.0. I was an active member and known member throughout the community.

Have you received any form of punishments on MineRaze?: I have not received any forms of punishment in chat. I am disclosed to let the public know this information. ;)

Why should we pick you?: You should pick me as staff because of the fact that I am a well known member in the community that is known for helping people, just like a staff member. I don't need a fancy title or commands to do the job I do.The only thing different from me and the staff member now is simply the fact they have access to punishment commands & have more authority when it comes to settling a dispute. If I am not picked as staff then I will still continue my daily routine of welcoming & helping all those who ask for it. However, I may not have all the answers at times, that is when I have to make those noobish forum posts or ask a more knowledgeable member within the community.

How have you positively contributed to the server?: I have personally contributed to the server by donating my time and mindpower to the server. Helping all those I possibly can without hesitation. I am known throughout the community for being a helpful hand. Although I work second shift, I seemingly come home to be positive on the server despite my lack of sleep. I believe that being a oustanding member in society as a positive leader will bring the Mineraze community together and push them towards the right direction so that we all can grow and learn from our mistakes. However though, I don't make mistakes as they isn't room for any. I am also very much active on the forums, able to awnser questions & or keep up with the news of the server.

I really appreciate anyone who took the time to read my staff application as I tried my best to fullfil the questions in the survey. Thank you & good luck in the future.

Now that you've seen how an application should be written, it's important to know what not to do.

• Never make your application colorful. Some colors don't go together and only hurt the viewers that will read your app. It's also important to have a good mix between lots of color vs blandness.

• Never, ever put that you will donate money if you are picked staff. You are basically saying that you will buy the position of staff. 99.9% of those people who have bought a staff rank aren't very liked in the community & overall ruin the experience upon the server.

• Make sure to use c0rr3ct grammar. It's important to be able to read your application without cringing.

• You can make a serious application but it never hurts to add some humor into your application to lighten the mood and make your application more user friendly.

• In the title of your application when making the thread, make sure to put [your name] [job] [application] Ex: Famouskilz Trainee Application. It's simple & not clickbaity.
Posted Jun 11, 17 · OP · Last edited Jun 11, 17
Agree
List
Undo
PacificMiner OWNER
Community Manager
Votes:
+1,213
Well written.
Thread stickied so people might actually read it :)

Thank you for writing this.
Posted Jun 13, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+21
That's good to hear! Thank you.
Posted Jun 14, 17 · OP
Votes:
+24
Well written with good advice and a few solid points. Something you can add is 'don't pester staff about your application'. Pac has and will continue to do so declined applications when pestered about them, it doesnt look good for you and is quite annoying.
Posted Jun 14, 17
Agree
List
Undo
NoticeNotices