No users online.
Page
of 2

lurch84O Trainee application.

13 replies
Votes:
+34
Hello again! As many of you already know, I'm Eric aka lurch. You're probably thinking, wait... Weren't you a trainee at one point? Well yes, I was.. Let's just say that drinking and minecrafting don't really go well together, short story short, I was demoted. It's okay though, it was justified and I made peace with that. I'm a bit over a month and a half sober now and it's going well, so yay! Let's get down to it then shall we? I was staff on another server for quite some time before it shut down for good, thus I found mineraze shortly after its closing and have loved every bit this server has to offer. The community is helpful, staff are friendly and "actually do what they're their for" which is awesome. All that being said, I really do enjoy this server, as long as it's up and running I won't play on any other. :) Now to the application part.

In-game Username: lurch84O
Do you have Discord?: I do.
Do you have skype?: Indeed, eric.hargis1
Timezone and Country: U.S.A. Est
When did you first join MineRaze?: I'm not sure exactly how long ago it was that I first joined. I've been here since before 2.0
Have you received any form of punishments on MineRaze?: I have a clean record.
Why should we pick you?: You should pick me only if you want me on your staff team again. I've had my issues in the past but have them under control now. I will not make the same mistake again.
How have you positively contributed to the server?: I try to be as helpful as I can be. If I see someone with a question that isn't being answered I'll step in and try to help them out as best I can. If someone is spamming or using foul language in chat and no staff are online, I'll screenshot it and tell them that it's against the rules. That usually keeps them from doing it again. In some cases though they just keep on and then have to be reported. I've helped quite a few new players with towny commands as some of them can get confusing when it comes to setting plot perms instead of perms for the entire town, or adding a friend and what not. I've been told several times that I'm being rude. If I come across as rude please don't look at it in this way. I am a very blunt, and direct person. Sometimes it can be seen as rudeness, but I don't mean for it to be that way. :(

As I stated earlier, I know I've had my issues in the past. That part of me is gone, I learned a hard lesson irl and that's what forced me to stop my destructive behavior. I hope yall will give me another shot at being part of the team again. I won't let you down this time.

Welp, that's all I can think to put in here. Thanks to all for taking the time to read my application. Take care :)

~lurch
I tend to treat people the way they treat others. Let that sink in :)

http://imgur.com/a/5LCW7
Posted Jul 21, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+86
One of the coolest and helpfulest player on the server. Its always nice talkting to him and it rises the mood. I would love to see you back as a staff. You were and are awesome!

+1 from lil xera
Posted Jul 21, 17
Votes:
+14
He always helps to stop drama in global chat and helps players!!!

+1
Posted Jul 21, 17
Votes:
+1
Haven't been here for long but since joining Lurch has been really nice, giving me(A new player who didn't have much knowledge aabout the server) a town and answering my endless stream of questions with calm collective kind answers. Its players as nice as lurch that make the server great. I really hope you make it, I support you :d.

+1
Posted Jul 21, 17
Votes:
+7
Always a great help with players who have questions or need some materials and guidance. Not too sure of his past actions, but from what I can see he shows no characteristics of a bad player.

+1
- [Moderator] Skittle
Posted Jul 22, 17
Votes:
+64
It takes a great deal of courage to own up to such a real problem as drinking, and I congratulate you on your continued sobriety. I remember I questioned your initial application--to be blunt, it came off as arrogant with hints of condescension to me. However, with time, in-game, you proved yourself to be an asset within the community, offering a level of help and activity that went virtually unmatched. Putting my initial reservations aside, I thought you should be offered a shot. Initially, I found the position to be a great fit for you. But, again with honesty, the newfound power seemed to have a detrimental effect on your character, as it does for many who are placed into that position (in my experience on this server, this most frequently manifests its peak at the time of promotion from trainee to moderator, then decreases thereafter; this is also true for only some people though, others show no perceivable change). I wasn't surprised when I heard of your demotion, though I didn't know the details.

I include these points as a preface to the weight I at least personally place on the following comments. Since your post-reset return, you have been nothing but helpful every time I've seen you on. This help can be defined traditionally, in the sense of offering assistance wherever needed. But, it can also be defined in an often less-noted way, helpful in the sense of fostering a gregarious and ebullient community. You engage in banter that makes my experience in-game very enjoyable, all while being open to conversation with any player. You're not reclusive--you don't reserve yourself to a particular group of friends. Anyone and everyone is recognized by you. For these reasons, all of the aforementioned grievances have been resoundingly abridged. I only include them to show how compelling your new self has been, carrying the power to shift my perspective entirely.

To the senior staff who ultimately make the final determinations in these matters, I hope my words carry some meaning. I know I am a mere single player, and a fairly inactive one at that. But, diverting from my original presence on the forums, I now comment on few staff applications. When I do, they are notably shorter than the narrative offered here. I only write this much to illustrate the value I see in lurch to the community. I understand any reservations that may be had (I do have past experience in several admin and s-admin roles over the years, and with it like to think I learned a thing or two about successful Minecraft server administration), but feel the prospective contributions outweigh the past damages. The oft-quoted adage says "everyone deserves a second chance," and I feel this to be especially germane to lurch's case. Thanks to anyone who got to this point for the time and consideration.

+1 from scoincle, for whatever caliber of spirit that may hold to anyone.
Posted Jul 22, 17 · Last edited Jul 22, 17
Votes:
+6
Post removed due to inappropriate language
Posted Jul 22, 17 · Last edited Jul 22, 17
Votes:
+42
+1, scoincle covered most of what I was going to say.
Posted Jul 22, 17
Votes:
+20
You seem like a really interesting and cool person, i breifly talked to you in discord about the singing you do and i have seen you help others in game.
That being said i am a relatively new staff member and i was not around before the reset i can not weigh in positively nor can i in a negative fashion.
One thing i do see now is there is a lot of new trainee applications from players who havent had a crack at being staff, and may in turn be a better selection. On the flip side of the coin you know your stuff and you are active, it would be an easy transition back into the team for you im sure.
Sorry for being indifferent, thats just my two cents. Ill seeya in game.
Thanks,
SaltyBadger
Posted Jul 22, 17
Votes:
+10
I've been playing on Mineraze since October of last year, and whenever you were online I would always see you helping out. You helped me lots when I first joined, and although I may not know you very well I still think you are a very good person. You are really mature and answer questions without hesitation. I think you would make a really good staff member on Mineraze.

+1
Posted Jul 22, 17
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices