No users online.
Page
of 2

lurch84O Trainee application.

13 replies
Votes:
+16
I haven't had much of a chance to determine an accurate opinion of you. The bit I have seen of you online, I can see you helping others every now and again. But my biggest concern is using alcoholism as an excuse for past actions. It's great you're sober and holding to your guns. However, you're a grown man, and that makes you accountable. I'm not saying you're at complete fault for you demotion, I don't know the terms of it. But my point is, as someone who lives in an area with such a high substance abuse rate, and being a nurse in the area, I know that recovery is a long road, and relapse is a large factor that could be triggered at any time, I see this every day. As long as you continue your road to recovery, it's a victory. I hope to see more of you online and seeing you being helpful to current players, and especially new comers. I just know how difficult recovery is, and I wouldn't want you to ruin a second chance with your position as staff, along with your sobriety.

However, this is a decision to be made by Staff members, and I wanted to add my input. If it were up to me, I would tell you to stay positive and continue helping others. If you need a friend or anyone to confide in with regards to your mental, physical, or sobriety, you're always welcome to message me.
Posted Jul 22, 17
Votes:
+9
For the time that I have spent playing on the server, I've seen you as an active member of the community and constantly helping whenever you can. Now, understandably, I've seen some players view your helpfulness as a sort of "try-hard" or "kiss-up" but in reality I just see it as a way of proving a point that you want to help the server.

Although I don't know the full backstory of your life, it sounds like it was rough so I believe you do deserve staff and that you'd be helpful on the staff team. I suppose every staff team on every server has that one "serious" staff member. Keep doing what you're doing, and good luck.

+1
e098fe481447275464e1ec67d96e8b45.png
Posted Jul 23, 17
Votes:
+98
Lurch, you say that you're blunt and direct, so I hope you'll understand when I choose to be brutally honest with you here.

When you were a trainee, at different moments, you laughed at someone's suicide threat, passive-aggressively insulted me for having a different philosophy than you, acted without sympathy to both me and many of the lower staff, and found loopholes in the rules for yourself, all the while looking respectful and mirroring the higher staff members at the time. It was only when your aggression finally exploded against a higher staff member that you were demoted. Behavior like this is unacceptable for a trainee, even upon reapplication. You have my firm -1.

I say this because most people here don't remember what you were like as a trainee. You've improved for sure since then, and I even respect you now, but there's no way to know for sure if the way you act now isn't only a mask to cover up your true personality, the one I saw you reveal as a staff member. That's just not something I want to risk. Those things above - you can't blame them all on your drinking. Instances like those derive from deep within your subconscious, and an intoxicated self plays only a minor factor in lowering your inhibitions and self-restraints. It's not just your history, but only I (and possibly a few others) remember how much you mirrored Pac's personality as well as the admins', and I don't want to see the same thing happen again.

I don't hate you. In fact, you've been a great help in the chat lately. That's why I owe you the truth I'm stating to you.
Honestly, it's best you remain helpful in the position of player. I don't want to see what happens when the mask comes off. Resignations can be reconsidered, but the staff demote people for long-term reasons, not just short lapses of judgement.

Sorry, dude.
tl;dr
Posted Jul 23, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+42
Congratulations! You have been accepted for this roll, Please add me on skype and I will explain the next steps. Well done!
Posted Jul 23, 17
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices