No users online.

TayebMc's Architect/Trainee Application

8 replies
Votes:
+15

In-game Username: TayebMC

Do you have Discord?: I do have Discord, but don't use it as often. I can, of course, jump on it more frequently if need be.

Do you have skype?: I do have skype and use it every day to message friends. The necessity of checking skype frequently will not be an issue on my end.

Timezone and Country: I live in London, England (UTC/GMT +1:00)

When did you first join MineRaze?: I started playing on MineRaze on the evening of June 12th this year. Since then to the time of posting this application, I have accumulated 158 hours of in-game time.

Why should we pick you?: Before I start talking about the specifics, I would like to say that as much as this is predominantly an architect's application, I feel like I have qualities a trainee+ would have. I would, therefore, like to be considered for both roles, and assure optimum results if I were to be regarded for either. I will, of course, make this section more detailed to hopefully envelop answers a trainee would have to write about in their application.

I think I will be a valuable asset to the staff team. I am able to adapt myself to every situation, change the way I portray ideas and thoughts depending on who I am subjecting them to, and fulfill tasks to the high quality I have grown to have. My level of maturity and professionalism are qualities that I think will make me a great candidate to consider.

I believe my work ethic is that of a high standard. This trait, alongside my ability to manage time effectively, has always resulted in quality as well as quantity, be it in Minecraft or in real life situations (school/uni, work etc...). I, therefore, am able to set a goal and accomplish it within a respectable allotted time frame depending on the immensity of the task in question. This, in turn, grants me a respectable amount of time to do other activities, so I rarely ever get bored of doing something as I would have planned for it beforehand.

Having spent the majority of almost every day on this server since I joined over a month ago, I have a very good gist in how things are run on MineRaze and have learned a lot about the server and the people in it. I feel like I fit in well, and have not had any problems in talking to anyone on here or any problems server wise, (being a strong advocate to server rules, I have never received a punishment/warning before and don't intend to either. Rules are there to be followed). Enjoying my time on the server has made me rather astute in the plugins used, custom MineRaze specific things the server has, and rules members have grown to respect and follow. I am therefore prone to answer questions in the chat at high speeds, to help those get answers to their queries.

I pride myself in my ability to learn things very quickly and show in-depth knowledge in what I have learned. I believe that the best way to learn something is to teach it once learned, so answering questions that people have has always been something I have done and tried to maintain. Therefore, this will boost my knowledge of the server and in turn, teach others about what they also want to know. Win-win situation! On a quick note, if there was a way to see what I mostly say on MineRaze, "Wb" would be up there. As much as welcoming new players to the server is one of the predominant etiquette rules, welcoming back players is always something I have also always tried doing. It not only keeps people feeling a sense of connection to the server, but it allows people to see me as a friendly player in the community. This is great, as it may allow a shy member to possibly message me a question they might not have asked in global chat.

Having already experienced being a staff member on a server in the past, I have learned essential commands one would need to know, so this wouldn't be something I have to worry about. I have also gained experience in how to run and manage servers and how to conduct myself in a managerial role, so silly errors will not occur. This was a while ago, however, so I will be keen on learning new things quickly and effectively if I was to ever be a staff member on the server.

I have helped the server in many ways. Adding onto the points I have mentioned above, I have also kept a strong voting routine, which is a way I can help the server stay up there in the rankings, (I have also kept on voting when I went on holiday to Tenerife recently, showing dedication to the server). It helps new players find us and keeps the community growing. However, this is something a non-staff member can always look to do, and even though it is very helpful for the server, I feel like I can do more to help. A staff role will provide me with the essentials to do so.

What is your preferred build style?: Ever since Dark Oak trees were added to the server, I have been very fond of the colour they have and how they match up with other blocks. I tend to build most of my builds with them, as I really like the look of dark oak with wool to contrast. I do like to experiment with other blocks, however.

I also prefer building with someone. I find constantly having constructive criticisms on your builds keeps your ideas unbiased and makes them look 100 times better. Therefore, bringing me into the architect role will help as I would love to build alongside other builders who wouldn't mind sharing their ideas and feedback, resulting in better builds.

World Edit and Voxelsniper knowledge (0-5): I have used both of these extensively in the past, but haven't looked into them or any recent updates for some time. I'll go with a safe 4/5 for both, but I'm sure an hour or so tinkering around with them again would refresh my memory.

Experience building: I have become so much more detailed with builds over the past few years of playing Minecraft. I think anyone who has played for a long time will also show drastic changes in building experience.

Show us some examples of your builds (2+ images): I resent not taking more screenshots of my previous Minecraft builds. These are the very few I had saved (with additions of builds I have done on the server of course).

EDIT: Decided to add my build comp to the screenshots bit xD Might as well show what I am capable of building.
These are my screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/oSZ3k

Finally, I do understand that applying for two roles in one post is not something that is usually done, but I do believe that an architect's role would not be dampened if staff duties were to be present also. I think the two complement each other well, as you would be helping the server in more ways. I whole heartedly understand if my trainee side of the application wouldn't be considered though. This will definitely not stop me continuing on helping others on the server.

Apologies in making it rather long. Wanted to make it somewhat detailed. I hope you consider me a valuable asset to the staff team.

Thank you for reading my application!

TayebMC

Posted Jul 21, 17 · OP · Last edited Oct 7, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+15
Edit: Added my build comp to the screenshots bit. Posting this just in case some of you have missed it.
Posted Jul 22, 17 · OP
Votes:
+42
+1 Tayeb is a great builder and I would say he would make a more than efficient Trainee.
Posted Jul 22, 17
List
Undo
Watsonxx ADMIN
Votes:
+79
I've known Taye personally since he first joined the server and I have seen his extent of knowledge on the sever plugins develop into something a staff member would have and I have also seen his quality of building improve with every project he goes onto; something which every architect should have is that they "Find building fun" whilst still giving A+ quality and this is one of Taye's traits

I believe Taye is a valued and known member of the MineRaze community and from a personal stand point he is one of the most trust worthy and friendly characters to talk to whenever you get a chance, for these reasons he is also a great asset to our town

+1 on your way to Trainee
+1 on your way to Architect
EShRaQj.png
Posted Jul 22, 17 · Last edited Jul 22, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+10
Although I may not know Tayeb as much as some people, Tayeb has been very kind and helpful to me. Tayeb is a great member in mineraze and I say would make a good trainee and architect (I just saw the screenshots).

+1 for both
Posted Jul 22, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+58
During my time here, Tayeb has not only been a helpful person - he also has a great understanding of the server's commands. He is a person whom genuinely wants to help other players on the server and I truly respect that. Moreover, he has shown outstanding building ability as seen by his build competition entry. I hope to see you working along with us in the staff team.

+1 Arch/Trainee

-D
Easthallow's probably better than your town ;)
Posted Jul 23, 17 · Last edited Jul 23, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Tayeb is a great guy, nice and very friendly, I'd love to see him as a Trainee
fgXEiAr.png

9ue1oUk.png
Posted Jul 23, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+34
This is an architect application. Oh huehue, n/m iz both.
I tend to treat people the way they treat others. Let that sink in :)

http://imgur.com/a/5LCW7
Posted Jul 23, 17 · Last edited Jul 23, 17
Funny
List
Undo
Votes:
+42
Congratulations! You have been accepted for this roll, Please add me on skype and I will explain the next steps. Well done! (skype:dogonaunicycle@gmail.com) Also Trainee, well done.
Posted Jul 23, 17
List
Undo
NoticeNotices