No users online.

Jobs for Dummies! [2017 Mid-Summer Edition]

5 replies
Votes:
+95

Jobs for dummies

What are jobs for?
Just like in the real world, jobs on the server are here to help you earn the sweet thing that you just cant get enough of; chocolate money!

What are the different jobs?

• Lumberjack
    In this job, you will earn money for cutting down trees. Pretty simple right? You get payed for more though! Be sure to replant the trees you cut down, as placing saplings also earns you money! Another perk of this job is that you can say how much you just LOVE wood more than anyone else. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Miner
    In this job, you will earn money for mining ores and stone out of the earth. This job is great for new players as you'll already be mining and gathering, so why not earn money while doing it?

• Builder
    In this job, you will earn money for placing blocks commonly used to build housing. This job is perfect for those who enjoy spending their time building magnificent structures!

• Digger
    In this job, you will earn money for digging up surface materials like gravel, sand, and dirt. In this job, you can be sure that it will be YOU that makes sure the deserts of the resource world no longer exist!

• Farmer
    In this job, you will earn money for both planting and harvesting the crops of the over and underworld. Please help feed the server, as we're too lazy to do it ourselves...

• Hunter
    In this job, you will earn money by killing mobs on the server. They can be hostile or they can be peaceful, but your only concern is that their head is no longer attached to their body.

• Fisherman
    In this job, you will earn money for using your trusty fishing pole to yank fish from the water. If you don't know what to do with your leftover fish, rename one and present it to _Wenzer. By presenting _Wenzer this fish, you have just became her friend. The fish will forever be enshrined on her friendship fish wall.

• Cook
    In this job, you will earn money for crafting various food items. If you do choose to work this job, be aware that I will suspect you of being a sentient rat who learned how to play Minecraft and speak English. (lol don't sue me Disney)

• Voyager
    In this job, you will earn money for doing things in either the nether or end worlds. Just don't come crying to the rest of the server when you eventually burn in an ocean of lava, or fall into the bottomless abyss.

• Blacksmith
    In this job, you will earn money for repairing and making tools and armor. Too bad the tools and armor you work with become useless due to heirlooms. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Botanist
    In this job, you will earn money by picking pretty flowers and pruning the trees of their leaves. If you become a botanist please be sure to message me in game and tell me. I need somebody to hook me up with the good stuff if you know what i'm saying...

Now it's time to take your pick! Do so by doing the command /jobs join [job name].

How do I get my paycheck?
    Your paycheck is obviously the most important part of the job. I mean, it's the entire reason that you're even doing it in the first place. If you could get payed to afk, you wouldn't be doing this! Your paycheck is automatically added to your balance, which can be checked in-game by doing /bal.

I just checked my balance. Why am I not getting payed?
    Don't worry! You will get a lump sum of cash for all your hard work every few minutes.

See! That wasn't so hard! Now go earn some money, and spend it wisely. (or blow it on something stupid. your choice!)

If you need more information on jobs, be sure to do the /jobs command to see all of the different jobs commands. Still stuck? Reply to the thread to ask for help, or talk to online players and staff members for help! Best of luck to you in the world of capitalism!
    Spoiler: Author's NotesShow
Posted Jul 27, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+10
Nice work dude, very well written, helpful tutorial.
Posted Jul 28, 17
Votes:
+9
As always Chigg, amusing and helpful, a nice nugget of info, and eggcellently written, hope the next info thread won't ruffle a few feathers.
Anyways..
gotta scramble, omelette for the comp build, keep them coming Th3FunkyChick3n
As always, All the best
Posted Jul 28, 17
Votes:
+6
Worth saying which jobs to stay away from like hunter because the pay is trash, or saying how to grind them the best way. As you said that mine is good for beginners, well you need hl pickaxe and I can't imagine someone getting any money with vanilla pickaxe. However, with vanilla showel u can earn a lot of money with digger because you instamine sand.... Worth mentioning that you can sell the stone you get from mining to get extra pay which you can't do in jobs like builder or fisherman. Also hunter is good if you have donator rank and u like to be in darkroom grinding mob essence, Hunter will add to your pay from mob essence but very little... Maybe I will make a table on every job at same lvl, calculating payout 😉
Posted Jul 28, 17
Votes:
+9
Also, a nice way of getting a live update of how much you're making every few seconds is /jobs limit.

It updates right away instead of having to wait every 3 or so minutes.
e098fe481447275464e1ec67d96e8b45.png
Posted Jul 28, 17
Votes:
+95
wrote:
Worth saying which jobs to stay away from like hunter because the pay is trash, or saying how to grind them the best way. As you said that mine is good for beginners, well you need hl pickaxe and I can't imagine someone getting any money with vanilla pickaxe. However, with vanilla showel u can earn a lot of money with digger because you instamine sand.... Worth mentioning that you can sell the stone you get from mining to get extra pay which you can't do in jobs like builder or fisherman. Also hunter is good if you have donator rank and u like to be in darkroom grinding mob essence, Hunter will add to your pay from mob essence but very little... Maybe I will make a table on every job at same lvl, calculating payout 😉

Completely agreed! The reason that I decided to keep them out of this guide, is due to the way I like to write this series. The "For Dummies" series only covers the bare basics. In this guide, the aim is to introduce the ideas of jobs and what they do. This guide is purely for beginners that are struggling to get just SOME amount of money. I am already working on an advanced jobs guide though, so stay tuned for that. In it will be the things that were omitted from this guide. Thank you for your concern and feedback!

(Note: The advanced jobs guide might take some time, as I feel I need to play each job for a decent amount of time to get a deep understanding of said jobs. If anyone would like to help co-author the next guide, the help would be greatly appreciated!)
Posted Jul 28, 17 · OP
NoticeNotices