Page
of 2

Opinions/Thought On 4.0

12 replies
Trickster_ S-MOD
Votes:
+27
Hello Players of Mineraze.

I decided to make this post to ask the community about there thoughts on 4.0 and how they view it.
Feel free to post your thoughts and feelings in the replies, Share your opinions with the staff and players, maybe what could possibly be improved or what has been improved.
Dont be shy! Write to your hearts content!

Yours Sincerly - Connor
fBr7s1c.png
Posted Nov 22, 17 · OP
Votes:
+219
I've been rather pleased with the amount of new content introduced with the 4.0 update, or rather the "promise" of that content.
The ability to spin and gamble for custom enchants that could possibly make you very wealthy is a welcome change from the rather boring grind for books of knowledge just to get enchants.
I also love that ingame ranks have been buffed to have some donator perks, like /god, /fix, and /feed as it makes ranking up for non-donators or lower tier donators not feel worthless.

The lack of tier 2 dungeons from week one was a bit disappointing as it hinders progression to those who really grind to obtain the ability to go those dungeons.
One thing that has me a bit confused is the rather overwhelming prices of heirloom tools and trinkets. It's near impossible to get a tier one tool without a few days worth of grinding for a new player, which may lead them to leave as they may not have the hours upon hours that others have to get such tools.
I really hope this change wasn't to promote donating for tools.

That's all I can think about for now, I'll add more later if more comes to mind.
eMVIjkm.png fMj326j.png 1ziptlX.png
76561198238649600.png
Posted Nov 22, 17
Votes:
+143
I really enjoyed the 4.0 reset. While it was a rough launch with a lot of content missing, it slowly being added has been extremely nice. For me, 4.0 has been great. It really rewards all my hard grinding for thousands of McMMO levels and promotes the use of McMMO Partys to gain those levels even faster. The implementation of a requirement of vanilla xp for heirlooms was also a welcome change, it makes them actually require some work other than just getting the materials needed. Speaking on materials, however, I feel the cost for some of the heirlooms is quite daunting and off-putting to newer players or those who don't have the time to put in like I and others like me have. The facts that you need 5 Tier 3 Heirloom materials for the Tier One item is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. While this does make heirlooms harder to get and make them more valuable, which I love, it really widens the gap between donators and non donators which I can't say I like. It feels like its pushing us to go buy the tools for a LOT of real life money to skip that initial grind and get straight to the good stuff. Feels very much like pay to win. I also believe H3's need some adjusting, whether that be making Marks of Honor easier to get or just lowering the cost of the H3. I love the new enchant system, it really enables the player to customize their heirloom and make it their own for their own purposes. However, the lack of a targeted buying system for said enchants is quite discouraging for those only looking for 1 or 2 enchants. The perks of the in game ranks has been a HUGE incentive to get out there and actually obtain the ranks. Condensing the jobs has also been a huge quality of life improvement. All in all, 4.0 hit the mark on 75% of everything. However, we still have a long way to go. Keep up the good work!
https://gyazo.com/0560987fdb6a90187ca0457d4b9a1e12
Posted Nov 22, 17
PacificMiner OWNER
Community Manager
Votes:
+1,211
Thread stickied.

We value the community's feedback and will do changes if the community wants it.
Posted Nov 23, 17
Votes:
This isn't really at 4.0 update opinion, more of an over all idea.

I've been playing on this server for awhile now, and while doing so have bought ranks, items etc.

I'm happy to support the server when possible, but have a suggestion.
I've purchased the H2 tools before (twice now) and I understand with reset sets come fresh new beginnings.
But I was wondering if there could be a guarantee put in place that says if you buy one if the H1 or H2 from the store you will have them for at least 6 month or a year (some set amount) should there be a reset.
Now this only would apply to resets not, breaking or losing them, because of user error.

Just a thought
Thanks for letting me voice it.
Posted Nov 23, 17
Votes:
Yeah, I agree with lots of what people wrote above me, I like that it's all a fresh new start but wish that some other things have stayed. Anyways I love how it is all cool that we get to acually help out our town before joining, because I know while i was playing in 3.0 lots of bigger town had already over 100k in there banks and we rally couldn't contribute much. I also like the new names of HL currency and Donor Rank names because it adds a more newer feeling to the game. I enjoy having the new things such as /warp Gambler where you can gamble MOH's away (almost always rigged xD) and that we can go to the nether and mine quartz in peace without thinking of someone hunting us down trying to rip our spines out from us :d. The thing i don't like are that the new update will make each claimed plot cost $4 each, cause I know that most towns will be demolished in a few days. Other than that there is not much to complain about, overall i like the new fresh start of 4.0 - Irishluck1533
Posted Nov 23, 17
Votes:
+6
A mark was originally worth 7500$ in mob essence. This amount of mob essence, then and still now, took hours upon hours to obtain. Since the nerf/buff to exchange, the value of the essence necessary to HL trade for a mark now is literally worth 22000. When you decided to lower the costs to obtain heirlooms, why did you decide to completely tank the value of mob essence?

Next point: Silk spawners (/spawners) and the silk spawner pick. The silk spawner pick feels like an almost absolutely useless item right now, considering that spawner changing was removed. I can almost guarantee that not even a single spawner was even changed via the plugin before it was removed/disabled. I was between playtime top 1 and 3 before I grinded out for that item, only to have the plugin disabled, the spawner pick rendered almost useless, and without any compensation as per the cost or value of the item.
Posted Nov 27, 17 · Last edited Nov 27, 17
Trickster_ S-MOD
Votes:
+27
We are now into Mineraze - Aesteria 4.6, If you're interested in sharing your thoughts please do leave a reply on what we are doing well with the server, and possibly suggest what areas can be improved, do not feel shy to say what you like, we respect your opinions!

- Connor
fBr7s1c.png
Posted Dec 9, 17 · OP
Votes:
+20
Man already at 4.6 when the server only became 4.0 in early November.... this must mean MineRaze 5.0 is right around the corner.
Posted Dec 10, 17
PacificMiner OWNER
Community Manager
Votes:
+1,211
Man already at 4.6 when the server only became 4.0 in early November.... this must mean MineRaze 5.0 is right around the corner.

Not really?
Posted Dec 11, 17
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices