No users online.

Admin power abuse

9 replies
Votes:
+52
Your Minecraft Username: CrimeSceneKitty

What rule did the accused break?: Admin power abuse

What exactly happened: For some unknown reason, without me asking him to, I witnessed Watson in my shop (located at /warp Kittyshop) open multiple of my stores chests. Why he would do this? I don't know. But I know for a fact that I did not ask him to do anything with my chests, did not summon him to my location, did not have anyone say anything about my chests (as I am the only one in my town). The chests that I witnessed him opening had items inside them (nothing appears to have been taken), and each of the chests that he opened all have working shop signs on them as well.

When did it happen: 11/30, around 2:00pm EST

Name(s) of accused: Watsonxx2

Full Screenshot or Video / Other Evidence: Sorry, did not get a video, I didnt think i should be running a recording software to protect myself against something like this.
Posted Nov 30, 17 · OP
Votes:
+220
Although I wouldn't like this happening to me at all, curiosity sometimes gets the better of others and I understand why he may have peered inside. This is something I do to chests and shulker boxes (unprotected ones, of course) as I just can't help but see what's inside.

I don't believe he would've taken anything, but was just curious.
eMVIjkm.png fMj326j.png 1ziptlX.png
76561198238649600.png
Posted Nov 30, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+34
He does this all the time.
I tend to treat people the way they treat others. Let that sink in :)

http://imgur.com/a/5LCW7
Posted Nov 30, 17
Votes:
+52
See I wonder what's inside chests all the time, and if a chest is unlocked, well that is free for everyone to look into. But staff should never ever use their power to just freely look into someone's chests, no matter how much they want to unless there is a reason for it such as suspected duping.

I have a feeling that watson was looking inside my shop chests to check the amount of stock I have on hand, which he could have simply asked me. But that is still an abuse of admin powers and he should never be allowed to do that. Even more so when it comes to buying and selling items, him being able to open any chest and know what inside of it does give him an advantage in the market as he know what is currently in stock and for sale, and when a player's shop is empty and he would be able to raise his prices due to lack of stock.
Posted Nov 30, 17 · OP
Votes:
+38
I would do it too out of curiosity
Posted Nov 30, 17
Votes:
+47
I get looking into chests out of curiosity, but how curious can you be if it's a shop chest? The shop signs tell you what is inside of the chest, which should defeat the purpose of having to look inside of it.
mca.png
Posted Nov 30, 17
mog
Votes:
+26
The issue is this: Why does he need to use his powers to look into a persons shop chest? Curiosity isn't a valid reason for these actions.A lot of info can be gained from seeing how much stock a player is buying/selling.
Posted Nov 30, 17
Votes:
+15
It's normal for staff to do spot checks on people's items, helps them to find cheaters who may be quite good at hiding it, this isn't Admin abuse, it's just a Admin doing their job.
Posted Nov 30, 17 · Last edited Nov 30, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+52
Yes I know staff checks for dupes, but this was clearly not one of those cases, or he would have gone and checked my storage chests, or even the chests right next to my shop chests that do not have a shop sign on them. As you can see in these images, i have a wall with 9 chests that he did not bother to check. After giving it some time, I am 100% sure that he was checking the amount of items i had in the chests for sale. Which is not something admins should ever be doing unless they are assist the owner of said chests with shop issues.

b3gWzQG.png
66fnXVD.png
Posted Nov 30, 17 · OP
Votes:
+38
Considering Watson has since resigned(not due to this), I don't feel that it is necessary to continue unproductive conversation. Thread locked.
Posted Nov 30, 17
Agree
List
Undo
NoticeNotices