Page
of 2

Incentivize Staff

15 replies
Votes:
+31
I know this does not apply to me whatsoever

I've been staff on and off of MineCraft servers for ~3 years, including about a year as an admin and head mod on a server that consistently had 400-600 people. All in all, probably about 10 servers, not counting my brief time as Trainee here.
Of all of the experiences I've had on all these servers, this one expects the most out of their staff while also providing no reward whatsoever.

My proposal is in the title, make people want to actually stay as staff through small rewards showing appreciation for their loyalty to the server.
Could be something as simple as a /kit for each staff rank, maybe every other week, something small but useful such as art fragments or xp orbs or something.

xoxo
-flop
EShRaQj.png
Posted Dec 1, 17 · OP
Funny
List
Undo
Votes:
+52
I dont agree with this idea, this just turns the idea of being staff from wanting to help the server into wanting to help to get free shit.
Posted Dec 2, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+31
Would you like to work for free?
No?
Neither do they, my proposal is minor at best and doesn't come close to perks that come with donor ranks.
The things staff do for the server goes a lot deeper than what people see in-game, they deserve something in return.
EShRaQj.png
Posted Dec 2, 17 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+219
I believe this will lead to players only applying to receive rewards and eventually lead to corruption.
Staff know that they are volunteering their time and we the players appreciate that.

If staff were to ever receive any kind of reward for their work, it should be from the players, not from Pac.
eMVIjkm.png fMj326j.png 1ziptlX.png
76561198238649600.png
Posted Dec 2, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+12
I'm thinking its a good idea, as ex-staff on multiple servers, including here. Something a bit extra as a thank you would be nice. Nothing completely OP, but just a few bits and peices now and again.
Posted Dec 2, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+103
Before joining premium server's I was in cracked versions.
Most people would try to join staff for special treatment - I disrespect people like that.
Most people would pretend good till getting some privlage. I myself was a admin for 6 years and I think it fine the way it is. ( personal opinion).

I remembered something. I can't remember were it was on staff rules or in staff application forms, but it says that if you apply for staff don't wait for any payment or anything.
Posted Dec 2, 17 · Last edited Dec 2, 17
Agree
List
Undo
mog
Votes:
+26
wrote:
No?
Neither do they, my proposal is minor at best and doesn't come close to perks that come with donor ranks.
The things staff do for the server goes a lot deeper than what people see in-game, they deserve something in return.
Do you see the irony? If you don't want to work for free, don't! Simple. No one is forcing anyone to "be staff". If you feel they deserve something why don't you personally contact them and show your gratitude? The End.
Posted Dec 2, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+47
wrote:
No?
lolwut? They applied for a staff position knowing that they weren't going to get paid in any way for their time spent on the server.
mca.png
Posted Dec 2, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+31
Fair points tho
EShRaQj.png
Posted Dec 2, 17 · OP
Votes:
+47
I get where you're coming from because staff has to deal with a lot of BS, but I also agree that people would feel encouraged to become staff members so they could have access to those special items. In my experience, the friendships that I made when I was a staff member elsewhere was what made me really enjoy it.
mca.png
Posted Dec 2, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices