Page
of 2

Incentivize Staff

15 replies
PacificMiner OWNER
Community Manager
Votes:
+1,211
Being staff is a voluntary job and there have never been payments for it, nor will there ever be.
Posted Dec 2, 17
Agree
Funny
List
Undo
saritaa S-MOD
Votes:
+18
I enjoy being a part of the staff team. It's a reward in itself, and I also understand why staff shouldn't get special treatment. Remember, a staff member shouldn't be motivated by personal rewards.
Posted Dec 3, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+23
As many people have already stated, I think being a staff member shouldn't have rewards, because people would start "volunteering" for staff everyday, just for the rewards, without putting in any time nor effort. Also, if this became a thing, players of the server would think that staff have an unfair advantage at this game, even if its only a bit of stuff here and they're, and it would mean that staff policies would probably become even stricter, since they're would be a greedy reason to work for staff now, instead of it just being the kind considerable heart you may have had.
Posted Dec 4, 17
Votes:
+17
I am one of those players who wouldn't join staff for multiple reason. All of the reasons are debatable, but are my personal opinions on the idea. One reason, and probably the most important is I am very bad at Minecraft, and I am equally as bad at watching chat. The second reason is why I take such long breaks from minecraft. I don't work for free, and after a certain point of playing the game too many hours at a time I start to feel as though I am doing just that. So I'd not try to join staff for that reason. I already get crazy bored on minecraft after playing a few hours. Why bring that forward to the people I am supposed to be attempting to help? I agree, and disagree with most of the statements made by each of you. I do feel that if you have a very loyal staff they should be compensated for their time. I think that it should be based on the effort they put forth, not just for being a member of staff. And with that being said, I also feel like those who do not put forth half the effort a few of the staff members do should only get a "better luck next time." I am a very strong believer in you earn what you work for. If you put forth the effort to benefit the server, yes you should be compensated. That's how my server would be if I ever got around to finishing it. But those who do just enough to pretend they are beneficial, and go power mad should honestly be demoted to trainees until they learn how to do their job effectively. I wont name any people because it's not my place to do so. We'll just say I am generalizing my point. Also when you recruit under aged staff it would be rather difficult to give them actual bonuses, as in paypal gift cards, or what not. So staff in my own opinion should be based around an 18+. Again, this is a personal preference of mine, and I have no say in the server decisions. So honestly don't take it out of context. But also as you get to older staff it does get to the point where they are expecting something for their service, so that too might play a role in the age restriction being so low. Those of us over 18 are aware that time is money. :) Enough of my ranting, we all know I do so good at it, also debatable. :p I humor the idea, and feel it's a great to an extent. Not every staff member should be paid, but those who actively contribute should be rewarded.

-Sofez
WHY SO SERIOUS?
Posted Dec 4, 17 · Last edited Dec 4, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+1
So many amazing points brought up here. Will be hard to draw a conclusion from this post...
Posted Dec 5, 17
Agree
List
Undo
PacificMiner OWNER
Community Manager
Votes:
+1,211
wrote:
So many amazing points brought up here. Will be hard to draw a conclusion from this post...

I already drew the conclusion.

Thread locked.
Posted Dec 5, 17 · Last edited Dec 5, 17
Funny
Agree
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices