No users online.

Shop Warps

2 replies
Votes:
+149
Hi all! Something I have seen floating around the community and causing a lot of frustration is the amount of warps that certain shops take. This can cause a lot of problems for people trying to get warps for their shops that are related to the items they sell, but they are taken by shops that don't even relate to those items. For example, if someone wanted to make a gold shop and tried to make a shop called /warp gold, it would lead them to Merven's old stall shop, now inhabited by Seanic. Also, /warp guardian leads you to /warp holiday, instead of a guardian grinder, which it would be expected to be. While I know warps are first come, first serve, this hogging of warps has become excessive and unnecessary. My proposal is to limit the amount of warps a single shop can have to crack down on the abuse of /setwarp by elite shops (see - /warp holiday. Please explain how /warp g relates to that shop whatsoever), or instead of limiting the number of warps a shop can have, it must have some relation to the items sold in that shop. This will improve the quality of life on the server and make it easier to find what you're looking for at a shop. I expect a lot of backlash against this because of /setwarp being a predominantly donor based permission, however it has become excessive to the point that it is killing smaller shops in favor of the big ones. Please leave your feedback on this.

-Sam
https://gyazo.com/0560987fdb6a90187ca0457d4b9a1e12
Posted Dec 16, 17 · OP · Last edited Dec 16, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+220
Yess, this 100%.
If you're not "using" a warp, you don't need it.
eMVIjkm.png fMj326j.png 1ziptlX.png
76561198238649600.png
Posted Dec 16, 17
List
Undo
mog
Votes:
+26
So far the response I have seen from staff is: Deal with it, first come first serve, it's not against any rules/no regulations...

So let me give a little example of a slippery slope:
A Player spends their whole day making warps of many common names. They all lead to random areas/ same areas for no purpose at all. Staff can't do anything about this because there is no regulation and their past responses. But what if staff did decide to do something? Wouldn't that be an issue to interfere with this one person and not the others?

I understand the argument could be made that this example would be dealt with because it wasn't in the spirit of the game. But let me remind you that the people who make less warps for no relevant reason are also not acting in the spirit of the game. However, at the end of the day, the owner can do whatever he wants.. so there is that aspect that can be saddening at times.

P.S. - Does something like this have to happen for staff to understand the situation? Maybe it does... just like many movements where people fight for their rights. It takes action for people to realize the real situation.
Posted Dec 16, 17
NoticeNotices