No users online.

sheep farms

8 replies
Votes:
+3
Could a member of staff tell me why this server doesn't allow sheep farms? With a passive mob limit/chunk they are very easy to stop getting out of control. I use large amounts of wool, and this server is the only one I've come across that doesn't allow them. Please don't tell me to use sheep spawners as that is not an answer for me, they do not supply the amounts I need.
lJSrGLR.png
Posted Dec 17, 17 · OP
Votes:
+103
I think it's because of limited entity spawn.
People make big sheep farm's for unlimited supply of wool. They breed them, but don't kill.
The more sheep the better for you, yes? And other people do the same.
But now think about it this way:
Because of that mobs will stop spawning. Why? Because the server have a limit of spawning monster's and farm animal's.
I don't remember it happening on here. But I did see it happen on other server's.
Posted Dec 17, 17
Votes:
+3
wrote:
I think it's because of limited entity spawn.
People make big sheep farm's for unlimited supply of wool. They breed them, but don't kill.
The more sheep the better for you, yes? And other people do the same.
But now think about it this way:
Because of that mobs will stop spawning. Why? Because the server have a limit of spawning monster's and farm animal's.
I don't remember it happening on here. But I did see it happen on other server's.
It's nothing to do with limited entity spawn. You can set the passive limit on any chunk to stop massive farms, the limit being 16/chunk I was told (by a member of staff), yet my sheep start to vanish in a chunk that only has 2 sheep. I'm under an ocean to cut the spawning of other passive mobs and the farm is in my town, with hostile mobs turned off. This can't be right. I build dirigibles and they can take 10's of thousands of wool blocks, but obviously not on this server.
lJSrGLR.png
Posted Dec 17, 17 · OP
Votes:
+3
No members of staff willing/able to give me an answer?
lJSrGLR.png
Posted Dec 22, 17 · OP · Last edited Dec 22, 17
PacificMiner OWNER
Community Manager
Votes:
+1,212
Sheep farms are allowed?
Posted Dec 22, 17
Votes:
+3
Sheep farms are allowed?
Then why do the sheep keep vanishing? I breed in individual chunks I start getting 4-5 sheep in each chunk and they then either vanish or I get left with 1 sheep in it's pen. Please explain why.
lJSrGLR.png
Posted Dec 22, 17 · OP
PacificMiner OWNER
Community Manager
Votes:
+1,212
There is a max-mobs per chunk/radius setting.
Posted Dec 22, 17
Votes:
+160
Just an information regarding the limit stated up there; It counts all mobs including hostile mobs down in caves below the farm etc. So make sure to light it all out to prevent them from despawning.
Posted Dec 22, 17
Votes:
+3
There is a max-mobs per chunk/radius setting.
Could we know what this is please? I have different colour sheep in different chunks so they wont interact with each other. If it's being done on a radius. could you make it just chunk based instead?
wrote:
Just an information regarding the limit stated up there; It counts all mobs including hostile mobs down in caves below the farm etc. So make sure to light it all out to prevent them from despawning.
Did you not read my original post? There are NO hostile mobs in the chunks as the farm is in my town, plus it's under an ocean so no other passive mobs will spawn.
lJSrGLR.png
Posted Dec 22, 17 · OP
NoticeNotices