Page
of 2

JillianBrodsky's Trainee Application

10 replies
JillianBrodsky MODERATOR
Votes:
+7
In-game Username: JillianBrodsky

Do you have Discord?: Yes, and I use it quite frequently! I used to be semi-active on the Mineraze public discord, however I can go on there more.

Do you have skype?: Yes, however I do not use it for anything at the moment.

Timezone and Country: Eastern Standard Time Zone, United States

When did you first join MineRaze?: Mid-3.0

Have you received any form of punishments on MineRaze?: No, I haven't.

Why should we pick you?: I have been active on this server for quite a while, and I love the community that has accumulated since the time I joined. Everyone is so friendly toward newcomers, and so helpful toward each other! I have already played for 157 hours since the reset, and plan on playing lots more! On average, I can dedicate about 4-5 hours every day to the server.

One reason I believe I should be picked for staff is that I genuinely enjoy helping people. I try to answer people's questions in chat when I see them, and help people out in-game if they need materials or such! I also have past experience moderating Minecraft servers. I used to be an Admin on a hub-server, and a Moderator on another part of the same hub-server. I gained a lot of experience with dealing with rowdy players, griefing, different forms of hacking, answering ban appeals and more. I also learned a few crucial skills for being a staff member: staying professional, keeping your cool, and working well with other staff members. Despite loving the position on the server, I resigned due to needing to focus on school. However, that was a couple of years ago, and I am ready to put in the hours for helping on this server.

Though I would maintain a level of professionalism as staff, that would not keep me from interacting with other players and having fun as well, to develop an even better relationship with the community. I know the MineRaze rules, but if something is unclear to me, or I have other questions, I will not hesitate to ask.

How have you positively contributed to the server?: I try to be a positive influence on the server and help when I can, whether it's when people ask what places to get items at, when people ask how certain commands work, or by helping others by providing materials and mining spawners. I also am a co-mayor of my town, and I help bring new players into my town and help them feel welcome! I also try to break up fights when they arise in chat to help the community be free of toxicity. I hope that I can become a part of the staff team to help others more efficiently; however, if I don't, I will still be helping out around the server anyway :) .

Thank you for your time,
JillianBrodsky

(by the way, when I was staff on the hub-server, my username was EpicNiki99, in case you wanted to look me up)
Posted Dec 22, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+1

To those judging the application, here is what I've seen:
JillianBrodsky is a strong problem solver, experienced with server management, and readily picks up new information. To me, the most notable aspect has been her strong ability to avoid selecting solutions which are inherently abusive in some manner. This is one of the core qualities I've valued when looking at staff who can be depended on, the ability to recognize possible abuse patterns and to avoid them (beyond the standard problem solving skills). Seeing these qualities in Jillian, I can confidently say that bringing her onto the team will not be a regret.

To you, Jillian, I wish you the best of luck, looking forward to seeing you join the team!
Posted Dec 23, 17
DearAmbelina MODERATOR
Votes:
+31
+1

As I'm still fairly new to the server, I've been asking quite a few questions in chat. JillianBrodsky has helped me with most of them, when she is online. I've seen her helping others in chat as well and exhibiting positive, mature behavior. I think she will make a great addition to the staff team. (:

Good luck! <3
moon_and_stars_by_spiritsiphon-d9tjqm6.png
Posted Dec 23, 17
Votes:
+58
+1

You show great staff potential and have posted a good application. Would love to see you join us on the staff team, remain helpful and keep up the good work. Good luck!

Anson
Easthallow's probably better than your town ;)
Posted Dec 23, 17
saritaa S-MOD
Votes:
+22
It’s a +1 from me :)
Posted Dec 23, 17
Votes:
+149
+1
https://gyazo.com/0560987fdb6a90187ca0457d4b9a1e12
Posted Dec 23, 17
Votes: