~ DearAmbelina's Trainee Application ~

8 replies
DearAmbelina TRAINEE
Votes:
+26
In-game Username
My IGN is DearAmbelina.

Do you have Discord?
Yes, I like to lurk in voice channels and frequently check the text channels. You can find me as DearAmbelina#7691.

Do you have skype?
I do not, but I shall download it immediately since it is a requirement for potential staff members.

Timezone and Country
Central Time Zone, United States

When did you first join MineRaze?
I joined on December 18, 2017.

Have you received any form of punishments on MineRaze?
No, and I assure you I will keep it that way.

Why should we pick you?

I consider myself to be an extremely friendly and open person, and enjoy helping others, both in Discord and in-game. I have previously dealt with players who are quite younger, and am willing to take the time it must take to help resolve a problem, or help others understand something. I also prefer to use my best judgement when issuing punishments to others, determining if what they did was truly accidental, and if they are genuinely apologetic and learn from their mistake, or if they have no intentions of bettering their behavior. I believe that (almost) everyone deserves a second chance and the opportunity to make themselves better.

I have been a Helper on a fairly active server, and a Staff Manager on a server which unfortunately could not take off.
  • As a Helper, I was in charge of monitoring chats, both in-game and on Discord, resolving problems between players without adding to the drama, contributing suggestions to better the server itself, along with other basic staff duties. I volunteered here since March 2017, to November 2017. Because of this, I also know the basic coreprotect commands and punishment commands.
  • As a Staff Manager, I was in charge of profiling staff applications to determine who would be a good pick for the staff team, as well as to listen to staff complaints from players or other staff. Unfortunately, this did not last very long.

In real life, I have worked in customer service, so I understand the importance of quickly and efficiently resolving issues, and have no issue thinking on my feet, or outside of the box. I aim to always maintain a professional demeanor when necessary, but I like to relax as well.

How have you positively contributed to the server?
In the week that I've been playing on Mineraze, I have answered questions in chat, to the best of my ability, encouraged players to never give up, and just brought a positive vibe to the server. On the forums, I've given applicants my opinions on their applications, in hopes they can learn from the critiques for next time. I have also created a Lumberjack Job Guide, and plan to do more for other jobs as well.

Regardless of my position in game, I will keep supporting the server and amazing playerbase which makes it up--I really want to see this server grow and thrive.

Thank you for your time and consideration!
-- Ambelina
moon_and_stars_by_spiritsiphon-d9tjqm6.png
Posted Dec 25, 17 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+23
it's definitely a +1 from me.

Ambe is the sole reason I wanted to be a staff member. We played on another server together and she was always so professional, even with people who took up a lot of her play time for silly things. She always kept her cool with everyone. She gets along with everyone and is such a good hearted person. I believe she would be a great addition to the staff team.
I see her in chat quite often and she is usually always in discord as well. She helps people in chat and is a very active member.
Posted Dec 26, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+38
+1
Posted Dec 26, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+12
Ambs was staff on a server a played on previously. Helped me a lot in getting started on it! Would make a great addition.
Posted Dec 26, 17
List
Undo
Watsonxx ADMIN
Votes:
+79
I believe you to be THE best potential trainee at the minute.

Your history out does even myself, from further research and a chat with you in game to find you were staff on such a respected and allied server shows the mutual respect you should receive in our community as you once did there. As you stated you were a "Staff manager" on a discontinued server, I would like to know a bit more about this (feel free to reply to this comment or message me on discord/in-game) just a bit in depth information such as what commands you had access to during this short period and what tasks you were expected to fulfil during this.

From a birds eye view online, you come across very professional and your in depth knowledge on a lot of the servers plugins in such a short period of time shows what you are bringing over from your experiences and I hope you are willing to continue learning more as we progress into the new year. You are continuously active and helpful in chat, and this is reflected in the way I have seen people react to you in game and on this forum post with nothing but positive feedback on how you are spending your time on the server - However when I took it upon myself to get to know you a little more you are also a very friendly person to go along with all of these other great aspects you present, in my opinion approachability is a huge point when looking for new staff members.

You also took it upon yourself to project yourself into the community full speed when you first joined, you posted a thread in the introductions section which is rarely used and have shown that you plan on sticking around for a very long time - I can see you have been committed to other servers and have stayed with them for almost a full year. James has shown that your reputation on other servers has followed through onto this and has left a lasting effect on some of our ex staff members.

As you are clearly aware Skype will be required for this position so I would suggest creating an account just in case.

+1
EShRaQj.png
Posted Dec 26, 17
List
Undo
Trickster_ S-MOD
Votes:
+27
Hearing Alot of great stuff about you and nothing but positive behaviour/attitude in global, Would love to see you on the team, +1

~Connor
fBr7s1c.png
Posted Dec 26, 17
List
Undo
Repulser_ TRAINEE
Votes:
+6
+1 from me :)
Posted Dec 26, 17
List
Undo
DearAmbelina TRAINEE
Votes:
+26
Thank you all for the kind words! <3
moon_and_stars_by_spiritsiphon-d9tjqm6.png
Posted Dec 26, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+58
DearAmbelina,

Congratulations! Your application has been accepted.

Please message me in game via /mail iAnson with your Skype username to get started.

Pleased to have you on the team,
Anson (Donuts_MC)
Easthallow's probably better than your town ;)
Posted Dec 28, 17
List
Undo
NoticeNotices