No users online.

More Events!

4 replies
Votes:
+8
Heya all! I think that, whilst MineRaze, is a truly brilliant MC server, there could be some additions that would make it even greater, and this is what I have thought of. I was thinking that there could be a couple more events added in. I know we have seasonal events like christmas and halloween and those are great, however I think adding more weekly stuff could also be very interesting and spice up the server even more! I have a couple of ideas:

PVP Tournaments: Tournament between players who sign up prior. The fights continue until the final 1v1, and the winner would receive a decent reward (for instance 2 Marks Of Honour). All fighting would take place in the pvp arena and everyone would have to use a /kit pvp, to make it fair. These could happen weekly, monthly or every so often.

Spleef Tournaments: Would require a largeish build with multiple snow floors. Would be a tournament of the game Spleef, which isn't that hard to set up as the snow can be constantly replaced with w/e easily. A very fun and very easy gamemode to make. Everyone would use a /kit spleef, to make the game fair. Prize would be decent (Perhaps a single MoH). Could happen weekly, monthly or every so often.

Building Competitions: People could be given a topic and perhaps a fortnight or so to build. This would happen in survival and would require them to use up their own claims, so it may not be extremely effective, however maybe this could be altered. The best builds would be voted for by the community+staff and would winner would receive a large reward (Perhaps a heirloom tier 1 of their choice). Very engaging and would bring the community closer. Could happen monthly, every 3 months or just a couple times a year.

Well, there are all my ideas for now! If you have any ideas, be sure to share them. All of these ideas so far don't require any plugin the server doesn't have, and they would all be easy to set up by staff of around Admin Rank or Pac himself. If these ranks aren't willing, I'd be happy to do some of these things myself, but at the moment I think the community would prefer having a trusted staff member run these if they came to fruition.
Thanks
Yahp <3
Posted Jan 10, 18 · OP · Last edited Jan 10, 18
Votes:
+220
I'd love the first two, but I've never seen anything come to fruition from the previous building competitions hosted by Pac and other players.
eMVIjkm.png fMj326j.png 1ziptlX.png
76561198238649600.png
Posted Jan 11, 18
Votes:
+47
I was thinking about suggesting a building competition a couple of days ago. My thought was to have towns compete against each other and the winner would receive a large cash prize that would (hopefully) be used to assist the town, whether for building materials, plot claim money, or just for basic daily upkeep. I think it would be a good way to get the staff involved with the player base a bit more.
mca.png
Posted Jan 11, 18
Votes:
+1
I am very interested in some of these idea and would be able to assist/run/participate
Posted Jan 11, 18
Votes:
+8
I'd love to see some staff opinion on this post, but thanks for all the feedback from players!
Posted Jan 11, 18 · OP
NoticeNotices