_HowAboutNo’s Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Remmmm, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Remmmm

Remmmm Member

What is your in-game username?:
    _HowAboutNo (Many of you probably know me as Remmmm)

What is your age?:
    I am currently 16 years old, my birthday is April 15th 2002.

Do you have Discord and Skype?:
    I do have both and actively use them on my computer and phone.

For how long have you been playing Minecraft?:
    I have been playing Minecraft for about 5-6 years now.

For how long have you played on MineRaze and how active are you?:
    I started playing on MineRaze on February 26th 2018. I am on every single day (with the exception of this week as I am camping). I am also able to get on at minute’s notice as I have the MineChat application with data.

From which country and timezone do you reside in?:
    I live in the PST time zone and I currently reside in British Columbia, Canada.

Have you ever received any form of punishment on MineRaze?:
    None, I plan to keep my record clean.

How have you positively contributed to the server?:
    Although I was removed from the staff team around a month ago, I have retained my active status and continued to gain knowledge about the server. I currently have around 340 hours on the server. During this one month time period, I have now attained a sense of maturity that I feel would be great for the server. I still contribute my thoughts and ideas and report various bugs I find throughout my gameplay. Also during this time, I have donated some more to support the server. I occasionally help people mine spawners free of charge. If there is a problem that I can not solve, I look to a staff of higher position and inform them of the situation on the discord. I have *tried* to keep chat clean although many times unsuccessful. I have also become aware of situations that involve arguing which I have improved on solving peacefully without sharp remarks. I am planning to open a shop soon that gives newer players the chance to sell their ores in exchange for currency they can use. I am evidently active on Discord and the Forums whether it be helping with questions or simple problems in the staff assistance channel or leaving my opinion on someone's application. I am on every single day that I have internet and I am usually on anywhere from 3-8 hours a day.

Why should we pick you?:
    I have been staff on the server before. Not long, but long enough to know the basic functions and rules I must follow. As mentioned in my past application, I was a staff on a previous towny server that unfortunately is not running anymore. As a staff I understand that you must stay mature which I have also worked on during the time I was not staff. I still maintain my friendliness while helping and explaining things to others. Although I am friendly and very caring, I still am very firm when it comes to important situations. I have a sense of the pricing of the server as well. I am very understanding of others and take full precautions to hear both sides of the story before making any decisions/dishing out any punishments. Also as mentioned above, I have roughly 340 hours played which I feel is adequate to learn and understand all the features of MineRaze. Some plugins that I have immersed my learning in include: Towny, LWC (Lock Plugin), MyPets, and MineRaze’s own artifact plugin. To add to this, I have MineChat which essentially allows me to monitor chat without using a computer. MineChat also allows me to come on the server to execute commands which means that I can technically staff whenever needed. I am on Discord and Skype basically all day and most of the night not to mention that I do have three different monitors, one for minecraft, one for the forums and one for discord and skype split. I enjoy lurking around the forums as well. Mostly during the night though. With these skills, I believe I am a candidate that stands out among other applicants. While I was on the cool down for another application, I have developed a sense of professionalism and took a course to resume and job application writing.

Anything else?
    I am currently 16 years old and play the piano. I enjoy taking long walks at night as it is calming and cool. I have had 7 years of tutoring and 7 years of piano studies. Minecraft is what I enjoy playing in my spare time. I recently applied for a summer job which I will spend around 3-4 hours during the day working. I hope you consider my application.

Edit:
    I have returned from my 5 day camping trip and am continuing to come onto the server daily. I have also added a couple of things to improve my application.

#1 Remmmm, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
  2. PedigreedGuts

PedigreedGuts New Member

1+, definitely more mature this time around.

Sometimes I still hear your voice in /a.

Remmmm and BobieJamJoe like this.
  3. Real

Real Member

I have seen you every day, you have a bright and sunny disposition, you're a great person to be around, and you contribute to the server positively, I hope you go far! I don't know if it counts but this is my +1!

Remmmm likes this.
  4. Prometheus2005

I^m not even going to read the application it^s an instant +1 Remmm!

Remmmm likes this.
  5. DoryTheTurtle

DoryTheTurtle Member

Last time I though you were a good candidate for the staff team, but this time I really think you can improve the server!
    1+

Remmmm likes this.
  6. Simply_Physics

Simply_Physics New Member

+0 With you being removed from staff so recently, I personally would have to see what you are doing now for more time before I'd give my opinion. You most certainly have acted more mature in the last month, but I'd have to see this over an extended time period.

Remmmm and Watsonxx like this.
  7. Atrednu

Atrednu Guest

+1 if u fix ur ign rem....

8. Remmmm

Remmmm Member

I certainly agree with you. However, perhaps your break affected these results. I haven’t been able to see you very often. This possibly contributes to the fact you still think I need more time.

9. iTylerr

iTylerr Member

I have seen you active a lot and you're always nice to people. +1

Remmmm likes this.
  10. Remmmm

Remmmm Member

Thanks for all the feedback so far!

11. XxXBrittenyXxX

XxXBrittenyXxX New Member

I see you on the server constantly. You are very active and helpful to all the players and I enjoy having conversations with you in game. Definitely a +1 from me. You would make a great addition to the staff team!

Remmmm likes this.
  12. firemaster619

firemaster619 New Member

I'd say you've matured since before as well as staying active even after demotion the first time ill give a +1

Remmmm likes this.
  13. Watsonxx

Watsonxx Rivervale

The only question i ask myself is,
    What if you do what you did last time again?

Yes, you have improved but second chances on the staff team don't come so easily.
    I believe Pac and Hunsch should add an updated comment to this thread.

- Watson

Remmmm likes this.
  14. Remmmm

Remmmm Member

I do not disagree with you, what happened was bad. However, it was a thing of the past. I have improved myself in those types of situations. I understand that second chances on the staff team aren't easy, but I did enjoy being apart of a staff team as it helped me with many teamwork aspects that I even implement into real life jobs. Being apart of a team is what I love to do, I help out whoever I can and to the best of my ability.

15. chessgeek10

chessgeek10 New Member

Watson, keep in mind that both you and Camm became staff because of a second chance. You no longer act like you did before you became Trainee all that time ago, so it's a bit unfair to assume the opposite from Remmmm.

I recently had a conversation with _HowAboutNo about their demotion. Unlike a similar conversation with Lurch, Remmmm was open and honest about everything that happened, acknowledged their mistakes, and was eager to improve. Typically, this behavior demonstrates that one has learned from their mistakes, and, as some have put it, matured.

Though I have not seen their behavior ingame to support this, I trust that _HowAboutNo has become a better person since their first instance as staff. Now that they know where the line is drawn, they should have no further problems. With the upcoming release of Etheria, I see no reason why this candidate shouldn't be given another chance, as long as their behavior ingame remains consistent with the positive comments above.

CaptainVapr, lehrhardt and Remmmm like this.
  16. lehrhardt

lehrhardt New Member

I completely agree with chessgeek! Rem is a very active member of our community and I've definitely seen a change in maturity since his last time of staff. +1

Remmmm likes this.
  17. Hooby

Hooby New Member

I think Remmm deserves another chance. He's still super helpful and friendly, and I think has learnt from the past. +1

lehrhardt and Remmmm like this.
  18. PacificMiner

PacificMiner Member
    Owner

Hello Rem,
    It hasn't been very long since you were demoted and I do not believe that a person can change in just around a month, therefore I'll put this application on hold and review it again in a month or two.

Remmmm likes this.