Hooby's Staff Re-Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Hooby, May 16, 2018.

1. Hooby

Hooby New Member

What is your in-game username?:
    Hooby

What is your age?:
    17 (23/06/2000)

Do you have Discord and Skype?:
    Yes, I use both Discord and Skype on a frequent basis

For how long have you been playing Minecraft?:
    Approximately six years.

For how long have you played on MineRaze and how active are you?:
    I first joined the server in around July 2017(3.0), I was very active during 3.0 and the beginning of 4.0. Due to other commitments I was inactive for around a month, I did briefly reapply around two months ago before realising I needed a bit more time, but now I am back and am excited to both continue my town/builds on Aesteria, as well as pursue new gameplay in Etheria.

From which country and timezone do you reside in?:
    I am from Australia in the Australian Eastern Standard (UTC +10) Timezone

Have you ever received any form of punishment on MineRaze?:
    Other than a self requested ban, I haven't received any form of punishment on the server.

How have you positively contributed to the server?:
    I am a long time, committed player and I am incredibly dedicated to helping players on the server. I regularly offer assistance in the form of towny commands, information about custom plugins and other server features to players new and old. I am a regular participant in global chat, and am consistently active in both text and voice chat within the discord. Although I have only recently made my return, I always vote for the server in order to help to increase the player base and provide my continued support. Although donations are not a prerequisite for staff, I have also positively contributed to both realms of the server through purchasing Chronos and Signifier, respectively. I attempt to be professional and mature in chat but I am also open to having a joke and being friendly toward players. In this sense, I try to set a positive tone in global chat and for the server in general. I am able to contribute around 2-4 hours on weeknights, and up to 10 on weekends. This is particularly helpful as I am a player in an unusual timezone, and as such am on during peak and off peak times.

Why should we pick you?:
    I am an experienced moderator with towny staff experience both on this server for several months, as well as another towny server prior to joining Mineraze. I have a very broad knowledge of towny commands, custom plugins such as HL enchantments as well as general Minecraft knowledge which is helpful to new players. Due to my previous experience as a moderator on this server, I am aware of the punishment guidelines, staff commands/plugins (Such as core-protect and punishment commands), staff protocol and other necessary background information. Therefore, through hiring me I would only need to be taught things that have been introduced since my departure from staff, fast tracking the process and meaning I can get straight into assisting the players.
    Furthermore, I have a lot of already formed connections throughout the server, and attempt to come across as very friendly and welcoming to continue to make new friends.
    I believe I have matured a lot compared to when I used to play here, and when I used to be staff here. I generally work well with other people, and I get along with people currently on the staff team.
    I have a solid grasp on general writing and comprehension skills, which assists me to provide assistance to players on all of our platforms, and consequently be good at communicating with the playerbase.
    I am more than willing to learn new skills to help out with the server. I actually really enjoy chat moderating, and have taken units in mediation through other work I've done in real life.

Overall, I am a dedicated, positive and easy going person and, if you'd allow me, would love another chance to be able to help the server through adopting a staff position.

Anything else?
    Thank you for taking the time to consider my application :)

2. firemaster619

firemaster619 New Member

3. CaptainVapr

CaptainVapr Member

Such a down to earth nice person and very detailed application, also has experience being staff so you got my +1

Hooby likes this.
  4. Remmmm

Remmmm Member

Would make a great staff! I enjoy talking to you and you seem like a very nice person. +1

Hooby likes this.
  5. LastLaughs

LastLaughs Member

Massive application, haven't seen one this long in a while. You are a lovely person and you have experience being staff. Definite +1!

Hooby likes this.